Saturday, September 25, 2010

Finish it well

So my Hogs looked great in their first half of the Alabama game. It wound up a greater game then what I thought it would be for sure. Second half,well lets say it did not quite turn out the way that I wanted it to as the Hogs only scored 3 points and Alabama on the other hand scored 2 more touchdowns and won by 24-20. What a bummer. My hope was for the upset.
I love football more then any other sport in the world, the grinding, the hitting, the push for that one single yard that will make all the difference in the world. It reminds me of what Jesus would tell His followers of carrying a cross, finishing the course and not being distracted by the things of this world. Most importantly of all though I am reminded of Paul's words in II Timothy 4:6-7 "For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight,I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." Lord, help me not to be satisfied with how I started the race or how I fought for you in the past. Help me to finish it well not for my glory but for your glory to be shown.

No comments: