Friday, July 15, 2011

New Testament Book Themes

     Well, my modem went off for a couple of days so I have not had internet access for awhile. Bummer. As you can tell though I am now back on line. Before I get back to Nehemiah, I wanted to just share something with you that I have been thinking about these last few days.

     For those who know me the following statement may sound strange.  When I read the Word I try to condense my thoughts about a passage so that I can get the main idea of what the author is saying in my head. It helps me to keep the flow of the passage so I can better understand it. Many call this, "The Big Idea." That's what is behind me writing about the Main Themes of the New Testament Books.

     I'm still struggling with with some of these themes, but feel like they give a good idea of what each New Testament book is trying to convey. I challenge you to read through your New Testament, and try to figure out the main themes. I know it will encourage you, as you try to get a handle on the Word of God. Here are my Themes for the books of the New Testament.


Themes of the New Testament

MATTHEW
Theme: King of Kings

MARK
Theme: The Servant

LUKE
Theme: The Perfect Man

JOHN
Theme: The God Man

ACTS
Theme: The Birth of the Church

ROMANS
Theme: The Gospel Shared and Lived Out

I CORINTHIANS
Theme: The Body Divided

II CORINTHIANS
Theme: A Giving Body

GALATIANS
Theme:  Free from the Law

EPHESIANS
Theme:  The Body of Christ

PHILIPPIANS
Theme: The Mind of Christ

COLOSSIANS
Theme:  Christ the Supreme One

I THESSALONIANS
Theme: The Church Living Before Him

II THESSALONIANS
Theme: The Second Coming

I TIMOTHY
Theme: Church Conduct

II TIMOTHY
Theme: The Workman’s Last Challenge

TITUS
Theme: Doctrine for Church Life

PHILEMON
Theme: Love Lived out

HEBREWS
Theme: The Exalted One

JAMES
Theme: Living Faith

I PETER
Theme: Sufferings and the Trials of Life

II PETER
Theme: Warnings Against False Teachers

I JOHN
Theme: Fellowship

II JOHN
Theme:  Love in the Midst of Deceivers

III JOHN
Theme:  Children Walk in the Truth

JUDE
Theme:  The Ungodly Apostates

REVELATION
Theme: Jesus Will Prevail

No comments: